Why Epiphany Law?
Epiphany Law is a growing firm that provides personalized, common sense legal advice to the areas of business law, estate planning and business litigation. By focusing on outstanding client service, superior legal work, and dedication to our staff, our firm continues to grow. We always recognize the value that experienced attorneys, paralegals and staff can bring to the firm and continually seek energetic, team-orientated people who are committed to helping the firm provide efficient and effective legal services to our clients.
We offer an annual salary with incentive compensation, excellent benefits, and a team-based, value-driven, work environment. For further information about Epiphany Law, please visit our website at www.epiphanylaw.com or send your resume confidentially to: Ken Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Epiphany Law, LLC has an opening for a Patent Agent working out of our Appleton, WI office or remotely from your home office. The Patent Agent will prepare original patent applications, prepare responses to office actions received from the USPTO, and handle routine correspondence with the USPTO. The ideal candidate will be registered with the USPTO, have a degree in one of the following: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Artificial Intelligence/Augmented Reality/Software, and will have a minimum of five years’ experience preparing patent applications.
Epiphany Law is a full-service business law firm providing legal and business solutions to corporate, individual, and nonprofit clients for more than 15 years. Our firm has earned the loyalty of many longstanding clients with our deep understanding of their business and our broad skills in corporate transactions, business disputes, complex regulatory and compliance matters. Epiphany Law is dedicated to providing excellence through an innovative approach. By focusing on outstanding client service, superior legal work, and dedication to our staff, our firm continues to grow and is currently seeking a Patent Agent.
- International patent preparation and prosecution experience.
- Assist with analyzing and revising patent agreements and assist with patent appeals, reexaminations, interviews, and reissues.
- Experience with other forms of intellectual property (e.g., trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights) as part of a client’s portfolio and competitive advantage, and able to work under an attorney assisting with protection of same
- Assist clients with the identification of intellectual property through facilitation of ideation sessions and through leadership of invention disclosure initiatives, helping to recognize protectable inventions, handling prior art searches and conducting landscape searches to identify new protection opportunities.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Artificial Intelligence/Augmented Reality/Software and a minimum of five years of experience drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications in the USPTO for an intellectual property law firm or comparable in-house experience.
- Must be registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must exhibit a strong understanding of business needs, be able to work in cross-functional teams, and be capable of independently managing assigned portfolios.
- Ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications.
- Ability to work under time restraints and deadlines. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.