What is Outsourced General Counsel?
Put simply, Outsourced General Counsel is an extension of your team. Rather than deal in a transactional model where you talk sporadically to your counsel and they may never fully understand your business, we get intimately engaged in your day-to-day operations. In-house attorneys are better able to uncover issues and proactively avoid problems but they are very expensive and lack the knowledge gained from working with many clients. Outsourced general counsel services solves the problem by providing a cost-effective way to have an experience closer to the in-house model while also getting a broader knowledge base.
Typically clients who utilize outsourced general counsel services develop a close relationship with one attorney but have access to all attorneys in the firm to handle specialized needs. The close relationship ensures priority service and the backing of the firm ensures broader expertise.
Epiphany Law’s General Counsel will be customized to fit your business needs and your budget. Some of the services that we can include are:
- Day-to-day consultation and advise on business and legal matters
- Negotiating and drafting corporate contracts
- Non-compete agreements
- Employment matters
- Corporate compliance
- Real Estate Issues
- Crisis Management
- Trademark Registration
- Employee handbooks
- Terms and Conditions
- Sit on board of directors
- Update and maintain corporate governance
- Availability to work at your site for specified days or time blocks
- Integrated member of your management team, utilizing your email and phone system
- Outsourced general counsel is only a fraction of the cost of hiring an in-house attorney. Average salary for in-house counsel with 4 to 9 years’ experience at a mid-size company in Appleton, WI is $150,000.
- Epiphany Law’s outsourced general counsel plans are customizable to meet your budget and your needs.
Other Benefits of Outsourcing General Counsel
- Immediate Legal advice
- Reduce exposure to potential loss and unnecessary legal fees
- Accurately budget for legal expenses
- Team of knowledge